Thanks for the well wishes gentlemen, been gone from the homestead quite a bit this year, looking forward to some downtime in the woods with the boy. Good luck to all you guys as well!

I was going to try and smoke a pig when I was in TX, but just didn't work out. Someday.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
So far it has been a good season for me, and I still have a Montana mule deer hunt and a late cow elk hunt left here in WY, plus lots of pheasant and chukar.

So far this fall I've taken 3 antelope (2 does, 1 buck), a mule deer buck, a raghorn elk and a fair amount of grouse.

If you want to count 2019 as a whole: I've also got a mouflon ram, Iberian red deer, spring black bear and 2 tom turkeys, plus some late winter rock and willow ptarmagin. I struck out on Himalayan snowcock.

Could be a worse year, no doubt.

That's a hell of a year T-man. Damn! never heard of a snowcock, afraid to Google it.

Originally Posted by mmgravy
Hey Gruff, look forward to the photos....like 'the old days.'

Good luck to you and your son. Bet he has grown.....

Still packing the fast twist .22-250?

Almost 17 and he's bigger'n me now. Looking forward to him dragging my deer out for a change. smile

The 2-fiddy is on back up. Too many damned grizz around, I'm toting my '06 with 200 gr partitions when I'm by myself or with the boy. Got pics and shidt right here tight against my property fence. Makes dragging the deer home through the willows and across the creek up to my place a bit tense lol.

Originally Posted by rockchucker
Gwen and I have both killed does during archery season. rut starts very soon more to come. give em' hell Gruff

Been seeing your pics, good times man.

MAGA