Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Mohawk
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Mohawk, ultra cool.. Outstanding... Thanks..

+1

Very cool ya got to hang outside w/ yer dad that’s awesome. Great looking aoudad & whitetails; you grind that ram in w/ the hogs?

Congrats!

Thank you sir! I am truly blessed to have been able to spend so much time outdoors with my dad.

I have the Aoudad all boned out and ready to run through the grinder and make sausage. A little of the Feral pork will get mixed with it and also some domestic pork( more fat). We made jerky out of the backstraps of the Ram and it turned out really good. The Aoudad rams have good flavor but the meat is so tough it is really only good to run through the grinder. The Ewe's and the small ones are better eating. Most of my feral pork goes straight on the smoker for pulled pork or into a crockpot for Carnitas. We love the Feral hog meat and when we cook for guests we tell them we are serving "Organic Free Range Pork". Most folks tend to really like it!

That ram yielded allot of meat and will make a bunch of sausage.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Have you made sausage out of an Aoudad before??

Hanco,

Yes sir. In my opinion that is about all you can do to the big rams to make them edible unless you really like super tough meat. We use the same recipe for smoked link sausage with the Aoudad as we use with deer or feral pork. We mix it 50/50 with domestic pork, stuff it and smoke it. I have a buddy that makes summer sausage with them that is excellent. I have not tried to make that yet but plan to when time allows.