Fast forward to fall. Me and a buddy made plans for an antelope hunt a couple years ago and so finally felt like we had some points to get'er done. We applied as a party and each drew buck tags and individual doe tags. I had only been to Wyoming once before, just driving through on my way to Alaska. I remembered being in awe of all the antelope and always wanted to come back and hunt, very happy I did. The area we had access to is hunted hard, so we opted to go in early October hoping there would be less pressure while being aware there would also be less animals. We were in it more for the hunting of wide open spaces vs seeking a trophy, so though this approach was best. We saw/stalked antelope every day and had a blast. My buddy got his buck first, then I finally patterned a group that kept crossing into our unit in the evening. I found a boulder to hide behind and the plan worked like a charm. Again the boring 270 this time with a 110 TTSX, again DRT...

[Linked Image]

We took one day off from Antelope and spent the day shooting praire dogs. Another first time, had a blast. Learned that shooting in 30-40 mph gust with a 222 is challenging to say the least.

[Linked Image]

Last couple days we were covered in snow. Saw a beautiful Mule Deer buck with his harem, also kicked around in the Medicine Bow for a while. Beautiful country.

[Linked Image]

With the big trip behind us, I started focusing on squirrels with my daughter and chasing whitetails close to home. I missed a nice buck with my bow at the tail end of archery and was pretty bummed. Nonetheless I killed him with my muzzleloader one week later in the same footprints he stood in when I put an arrow over his back.

[Linked Image]

After getting him processed and about 25 lbs of sausage done, I decided to head out again. I decided to only shoot If I encountered a big one. I was in my stand when a big body 8-pt came out limping. His main beam was also busted off after the brow tine. I thought to mself I would love to see who kicked his ass, the noticed a cedar tree shaking violently. I spotted another buck making some rubs so thought there he is, looks tall, bam...As it turned out he was pretty tall but not very wide, a good buck nonetheless, but pretty sure he wasn't the fighter.

[Linked Image]

Plan on heading out in a few to see if I can get one more doe in freezer to last us until next fall. Lots of fun and great memories with friends and family this year. Cant wait to see what this year brings.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's