Originally Posted by ldholton
When the Canik tp9sf first arrived I mention how great they was in the value most of you f****** laughed at me now you're praising them. You're kind of slow to catch on sometimes. I have an Elite model and sfx and SF the only thing that comes close to these in a factory gun is Walther PPQ which by not coincidence many parts are interchangeable eith the canik. As should be noted the canex came with some growing pains from a early models are triggers could very some all the way to the SF bottle after that they've been pretty consistent except in some specialty guns

People are definitely slow to catch on and most of them tend to follow whatever the current trend is; gun forums are no exception. I do understand some of the objection to Canik though since they are from Turkey which is a primarily Muslim country with a somewhat unpleasant history; some guys just don't want to support that and I get it.

FWIW though I wasn't one of the guys laughing at you; I'd been hearing good things about these for a couple years before I got one. You're right about the PPQ comparison, and the Walther analog to the TP9SFx is the Q5 (the PPQ competition model). They are very similar, and a number of people on the competition forums (like BE Forum) who own both have said their Canik is at least as accurate or better.