Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by night_owl
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I wonder how Ruger's drop compares to other manufacturers. I have bought my last Ruger due to their schidt QC.

Which Ruger products have bad Q.C.?

Let me do brief chronological run down.

New 10/22 magnum: Failure to extract, slam fire. Had to be sent back.
New M77 6MM: Would not group anything under 2 inches.
New SR22: Failure to function. Took a complete strip down, cleaning and break in to function reliably.
Ruger Charger: Would not function with supplied 15 round mag. Would with 10 rounders
Ruger Hawkeye Predator: Burr on bolt face that had to be sanded down. Scratches the hell out of brass.
Ruger SP101 327 Federal: Very rough stainless finish. Sights adjusted to max and still not on bullseye.
Ruger AR: Magazines would not seat completely. Had to be sent back.
Ruger Predator 22 magnum: Failure to extract with certain brands.
Ruger American Predator 17 HM2: Has a bolt that takes ape strength to close. Takes much more force than its 2 American brethren.

I may be forgetting something.

Standing by for folks to excuse the above.

No flaming from me sir.....I'm not at all a Ruger fan.....a model 77 that failed to feed ammo.....Ruger didn't fix it and I sold it, another m77 with stock warp of extreme nature.....down the road with that one too, a single six convertible that didn't shoot anywhere near the sight adjustments....that one is now a Browning buckmark, A Model 1 with heavy barrel in 6 mm Rem that just barely held a 3" group...returned it to Ruger for repair and not just once.....I was finally told that the accuracy was to Ruger's standards.....that one too is no longer here.....and today there are no Ruger guns in this house.....