Originally Posted by UPhiker
Ruger has a weird corporate culture. They're trying to kill the 77 with the American. The SR-series pistols sold so they replaced them with the cheaper American and Security Nine, which haven't. They cheapened the LC9 into the EC9. The Wrangler will kill the Single Six. The LCR will be the death knell of the Sp101.

I agree with everything you say. I don't so much think it is Ruger's culture as much as they are trying to manufacture what the public is buying. Nice blued guns with nice walnut stocks and slab sided 1911s and Hi powers are quickly going the way of the gray haired men who used to buy them. It's a race to the bottom price break culture these days. I will have to say, I bought my son a $370 American Predator Rifle and it shoots way better than it should for the price. I bought one of the new Wrangler revolvers and liked it so much that I quickly bought a SS Single Six Convertible for the very reason you stated, I'm afraid they will quit making them to free up production line space for the Wrangler. I had a Single six probably 30 years ago and sold it, always wanted another, thought I better get one while I could.