Originally Posted by ltppowell
...and Leupold scopes, Toyota trucks, Glock 19's, Mathews bows and Honda ATV's.

If you don't like at least 4 of the 6, something is wrong with you.

ltppowell;
Good evening to you Lt. Pat, it's been too long since we've chatted here, nonetheless I trust all is well with you and your fine family.

While I have nothing against Model 700's, I'll now have to admit that there are none currently housed at our rural property. I don't mind anything about them however, especially the ones from say 20 or so years back.

Since I'm thus far a "set and forget" shooter for the most part, by far the vast majority of the scopes on the "serious" rifles are Leupolds, though again they're not new production for the most part.

While discussing the truck topic on another thread, I suggested that the Tacoma has a cult like following up here in the Okanagan, but certainly the Tundra is much less so. Personally it's been years since I've owned a Toyota pickup and I can't really say that I appreciate all the ergonomics of the Tundra's interior - seats are a tad low in particular - but again that's a personal preference. I'm cognizant you've stated trucks, but for the record my daily driver is an '05 Corolla with 235,000 km on it and just this past week I finally had the brakes done for the first time..... oh, and other than that I've put in one serpentine belt and tensioner - I broke it changing the belt, 4 spark plugs and the heater/ac fan motor..... that's it!

As a Canuck who has been able to own "restricted class" firearms for nearly 40 years, I've shot a few Glock pistols, but prefer revolvers in center fire as it's easier to clean up the range afterward and to save the brass as well. .My buddy's who are LEO absolutely seem to prefer them to the Berettas they had previously though. Our provincial Conservation Officers use some sort of Glock in .40 and they must be decent as they're out in some pretty interesting weather conditions.

My buddy and hunting partner is maybe 7" taller than me and so I didn't expect much when I shot his then new Mathews Reezen. Holy cow was I wrong! Even not set up for me, I had to use a different point of aim for his expensive carbon arrows out to 30 yards as I came close to hitting the previous arrow otherwise. Please note I'm not currently a bow hunter, though there are a half dozen bows hanging in the garage as I type.... my time/space continuum hasn't allowed for enough practice time with anything that I'd feel it was right to hunt with one.

Lastly, here in the valley at least there's Honda ATV's and then there's everyone else. I know the local dealer quite well, our eldest actually used to work there and while he's a good guy, the Honda product seems to be very, very trouble free or give minimum issues anyway.

All the best to you and yours this fall sir and good luck on your remaining hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"