Originally Posted by ingwe
Thats ridiculous. Wayne should get a hefty salary for all the crap he catches, but that's wayyyyyyyy over 'hefty'....

Chui,

I have to ask a question. This is a job that takes a dedicated, talented, and very, very strong pro 2A leader. It must be somebody who knows the ins and outs of Washington lobbying, has to be an extremely strong fundraiser, and has to be nimble in front of reporters and the camera not to trapped with inane questions. Diplomacy is crucial in front of the Press.

So how big is that pool of candidates, and what kind of cash does it take to hire them on? I will tell you that when it comes to big time corporate management, 6 figures ain't gonna get you the talent you need. When you get into the world of Washington lobbying, the passionate 2A people get really scarce.

Busting balls about his salary is like bitching about the cost of dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak house. A prime steak, sides and couple of drinks for two is $200. people can think that's ridiculous, but Prime meat is costly, professional waitstaff is costly. a nice decor is costly, and not crowding tables butt to butt cuts down on the number of people you can seat.

Homer and Earl can sit around in their overall as go "Hell Earl, I can get all you can eat ribs and free drink refills at the BBQ joint for $14.99. Phouc Ruth!". Yeah, Homer and Earl can, but the result is plain to see. You get Eugenia, the high school girl serving, and Mable the tooth lady at the cash register. Fine hard working people, but if you wanted Prime Steak, that ain't it.

My point is that WHOMEVER we want to run the NRA needs to better than good to hold off the gun grabbers. The NRA is the single biggest reason the gun grabber haven't gotten further along in their agenda. Whomever runs the NRA is going demand a good salary that is in the ballpark of what they can make in the private sector. If you are fortunate to get a Charlton Heston type ho might even volunteer, you still need an expert in Washington lobbying to work with him and that dude will need to be PAID. there is no way around it.

Who do y'all thin helps the conservative pro 2A draft legislation to protect gun rights? It's largely the brain trust, lawyers etc. in the NRA. The write it up, submit it to whichever Congressman they are working with and then their staff takes it from their. DOn't believe for a moment that bills and legislation are whipped by people like AOC who couldn't hard boil an egg. That's what lobbyist do.

Respectfully Yours,

Hat

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo