Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Lots of good points.

Top CEO's do demand an appropriate wage. BUT, the mention of Disney and other money making companies isn't the same as a non-profit, IMO. My BIL is a computer scientist for Disney in Orlando. So, I keep up with some of their stuff. I don't have a problem with a CEO of that caliber making mega bucks. They earn it and can justify it.

I saw the list of non-profit CEO wages. Some of those saleries are pretty high. I notice that lots of these organizations have their HQ in the DC area. That's the "Swamp"!!

For centuries, the seat of power has been where the money is (goes). The K Street lobbying industry is an example. Legislators retire to the big bucks of the lobby industry, end up very rich. Have you noticed how many retired senators and reps never return home to Podunk, USA, reside in Georgetown, Virginia, somewhere in the DC area. That's where the money is.

For sure the MSM has been doing a hit job on the NRA. But, where there's smoke....

To me a non-profit with a mega high saleried bureaucracy reminds me of TV preachers. They are all making their big bucks off the contributions of Social Security, fixed income folks who really can't afford what they give. I have an NRA Benefactor membership, but like othere here, no l onger "round up" for the NRA. And I get mail and calls to join the NRA. What!. Their records don't indicate my membership status? Do they care? Looks more like a broad, big net hussle, not an honest phone call to contact members. You'd think they'd know membership status prior to making such a call... I would. They evidently don't take the time, end up insulting long standing members.

All this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like a number here have expressed.

I think the Swamp way of doing business has become the NRA way of doing business. After all, they do have a Swamp address.

So, what do we do, where do we go from here...? We do need a powerful NRA type representation in DC.

DF

Money is their language, so you speak the language they understand and withhold what they need.

LOL