Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ewms
Factory:
Fusion for the 30-06
Hornady ST for the 6.5 Swede
I just killed a buck this past Saturday with a 150 gr. Fusion from my .30-06. Was a 70 yard shot through both shoulders. Recovered bullet from under hide of off shoulder expanded clear back to the base. I can't count the number of core-lokts, Silvertips, power points and interlocks I've put through both shoulders with exit over the years. The Fusions appear to be a pretty soft bullet and I wouldn't recommend them to someone looking for deep penetration and exits. .

Sample of 1?

A bud of mine has a 140 grain X bullet in his pile of bullets he has recovered over the years.

Vertebrae from a large buck slowed it down enough that the bullet stopped the neck. This was from a 7mm STW at under 100 yard

Bullets do weird things sometimes.

Neck vertabrae are a fuuck of alot harder to penetrate than shoulder blades, particularly on a big buck. Given the degree of expansion {clear back to the base with virtually no shank left } and the fact that this wasn't a huge buck, yes, I'd say the 150 gr. .30 cal. Fusion is a pretty soft bullet. It isn't like it hit the spine or leg bone, just the thin part of the shoulder blade on both sides.