Originally Posted by battue
What rules were not obeyed?

The situation was that my son invited a friend from a non-hunting family to hunt with us last year. The boys had a good hunt and punched some tags. All went well, so we invited him back this year. All was fine the first weekend, with both boys punching their two RIVER WMA doe tags. They both had an "any deer" WAHOO WMA tag to fill, so we went out to the lease this past Saturday. The three of us were in the same ground blind, so I had what I thought was final approval over which deer they would shoot. The rules are the we don't shoot small bucks and we don't shoot does with spotted fawns. The boys decided who would shoot first by way of a coin flip before the season and then alternated shots from there on. Those rules worked fine last year and for opening weekend, but my son's friend shot a small buck after I specifically told him not to shoot it.

The shooter was using our gear, rifle/scope/ammo, and I bought the deer tags and habitat stamp for him. I was happy to do this and had planned to give him the rifle/scope combo for a high school graduation gift, but now I'm not so sure.