Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'm for people shooting whatever buck makes them happy. This "only big bucks are worth shooting" is a big crock of shyt and I have no desire to force it on others, especially young/new hunters. I wouldn't belong to or accept an invitation to hunt on a lease where a bunch of lame ass dickheads would tell me where, how or when I can hunt or what I could and couldn't shoot. I was given permission to hunt a piece of private land that came with a bunch of restrictions a few years back. "Don't shoot any spikes or forks, don't shoot this 8 pointer or that 9 point cuz they'll be real slammers in a couple more years" yada yada yada. The guy had game cams all over the property and was showing me pictures of what bucks I could and couldn't shoot. I ended up telling him "no thanks" and have never hunted there.

My thoughts exactly !

Having said that, if I had an invitation to hunt somewhere else & did accept the invitation, I would follow the "rules" to a standard above what was requested.

Rather, if it's a conditional invitation that you accept, you accept the conditions !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"