Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Windfall
October 1, 2020 you will need an official Real ID star they call it on your drivers license, a U.S. passport or military ID to fly within the U.S. Our driver's licenses don't come up for renewal for years here and they won't be recognized as "official" unless they have that star on them! The wife tried to get a new drivers licence with the official star and the hoops they make you jump through is amazing and she didn't bring the right stuff to the DMV and couldn't get the star. dhs.gov tells you what you need to bring to the DMV if you want to get a new licence which will cost you. The DMV guy asked the wife if her married name was on her birth certificate? Say what? She may have snarked the guy for asking a stupid question hence no star for her. Anyway just a heads up it will cost you to have an up to date passport or a new driver licence if you expect to be able to fly anywhere late this next year. FYI.

Just get your passport. It's probably easier. I was surprised just how easy it was.

Now there is irony for you, it seems easier to travel internationally than it is to travel interstate.

added, sometimes I wonder if there are two Americas.

Last edited by JSTUART; 11/30/19.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.