It's true. Some guys really do have all the luck.

Originally Posted by Seafire
My name was profiled and has been since 9/11/2001...

each years its more BS.... I can't fly due to the profiling anyway, and haven't been able to...
and the way the airlines are, who wants to, if you don't have to...

Plus the last time I had to renew my Dl? here in PotlandiaStan....they demanded my birth certificate..
So I ordered one from the state I was born in.... Oregon DMV didn't like it, so they refused to renew my license..at the local DMV.

I went to the state capitol to see the DMV HQ... they told me my Birth Certificate was just fine, if that is how it was issued...

I go back to my local DMV, they inform me that they don't have to follow state DMV guideline.. in the field they can make their own judgements.
Stop by the DMV HQ in Salem again, they tell me that our local office are FOS....I get a name of upper level manager I spoke with and his number
if the local guys have a problem with my B/C, then call him... he took a photocopy of it, to have it available..

back to my local DMV, they still refused... they said they had no obligation to call Salem HQ...they didn't like my B/C....so it was my problem to get one they would accept.
tried several of the local DMVs.. same BS...

so thenI get direction from Salem Hq... they tell me to have another B/C ordered, have it certified, delivered certified mail... don't open it, let the local DMV open it..
so I do that... they still reject it... they didn't like it, said it didn't look official enough...

back to Salem Hq.... they call my local DMV, and they still refuse to listen to state DMV H.Q...

finally after 4 months of this, I had a letter from the State DMV H.Q., telling them to accept my B/C... on top of that they told me to bring in multiple certified copies, in Unopened Certified Envelopes.. I brought in 4 copies unopened...

They had 5 people on duty... they closed all but one windiw... while the other 4 people each went over my 4 copies of my B/C, plus they were pissed I had a letter from the DMV HQ ordering them to accept the B/C.....they each went over all 4 copies, for 45 minutes.... they finally issued me a renewed D/L, but complained still that they didn't like the B/C issued by the state of West Virginia where I was born....

they wouldn't accept my DD 214 as identification, they wouldn't accept my old military ID card as it wasn't current....

NO, these folks weren't giving me a hard time.... it was more along the lines, they didn't have a clue over the new procedures... so to cover their asses, they were just rejecting everything.... my wife went thru the same thing and so did mulitple family friends...some states B/Cs they accepted and some they didn't.. wife had no problem with one from MN....buddy from Texas, they would take his... not hard to see what was motivating that in liberal leftist ran Oregon...

More government red tape and tracking their citizens in all they do....in microscopic form....

They were singling me out.... they screw with people, that they don't like or who don't make their politically correct list...

every time I went to the DMV, while I am going thru this crap... Juan or Jose, who No Habla, and were not here legally had zero problems getting a D/L.. in fact the staff bent over backwards to help them....

personally I'll walk before I'll fly anywhere.. screw this monitoring their own citizens while they let Juan and Jose sneak across the border and then the number of Muslims they let into the country, and spread them all over the map.... and then these people don't have to go thru this crap....