Originally Posted by hatari
Ken Miles was a hell of a driver, but so was Bruce McClaren and Dan Gurney, Chris Amon and Denny Hulme and Dick Hutcherson. This movie focused on Miles but there were other very talented drivers.

There is a lot more to the story but this is a compelling part of it and very well told. The recent Midway movie is a disaster (partially) because it couldn't focus and tell a segment of a compelling story. That is one thing they did really well in FvF. They picked an important part of the story and then fully developed it and the characters. There is certainly more to be told.

Did anyone else notice the very small segment about the wooden wedges? The plan was to wedge the springs to meet the 40" height for the rules and at the first road bump or unloading of the suspension they would fall out and the car would settle down to a more optimum height. http://fordauthority.com/2016/06/meet-the-original-ford-gt40-crew-video/. There are LOTS of little things that were done but to include them would have cluttered a well told tale.

I'm looking forward to the DVD - I'm sure it's going to have some great deleted scenes and behind the story type of stuff.

(and also a fan of Shelby's chili mix. I've tried a lot and tried to make my own and have to admit it's just darn good)

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated