Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by tburkepa
Paul Barnard if you think that what they did to that deer is ok, then you sir are a first class assclown. They had no intention of humanely putting down the deer. What they did was sick and twisted and was intentionally done. They also have video's of themselves smashing woodchucks heads off concrete bridges and laughing about that. This is a great video for the animal rights and non-hunting crowd to show for their fight.

What part of what you read led you to believe I think it's okay?

The part where you said the deer "is as tough as nails and probably didn't feel a damned thing". I believe you are wrong about that.

The kid wasn't goofy, he is sick. Kids that start out doing wicked things to animals often graduate doing the same to humans.

The truth is that I don't know whether it felt anything or not. I have watched some buck fights that saw them take way more of an impact than those piddly kicks completely unfazed. I go to the dog park regularly and see dogs beat the ever loving crap out of each other and come back for more. My lab has this thing where she likes to chest bump to the dogs. She'll hit other dogs nearly full speed with her chest and bowl them over. They are right back up playing instantaneously. That's part of why I said that I doubt the deer felt the pain. Animals are just tougher and more pain tolerant than humans. How often does a heart shot human do a 40 yard death dash?

I remember when I was growing up I used to tape firecrackers and bottle rockets to lizards and light them off underneath toads. I probably would have been jailed for doing what I did to the frogs and lizards if I did that as a kid today. Today I have a very soft spot for animals. I know that there is a well established path from animal abuse to human abuse, and given the history of these kids, that warrants an intervention in this case.

In the grand scheme of things, the kicks were simply not a big deal to me. What the kicks, when examined in light of the kid's other behavior, represent is somewhat troubling. They are somewhat troubling when coupled with what the kid's parents later said. I think there are some unhealthy family environmental factors of concern. I spined a deer in Kodiak many years ago. I shot at greater range than I should have at 400 yards. I sprinted to give it a coup de grace. I wonder if the idiot 15 year old version of me would have kicked it. I doubt it. But still I struggle to call for these dipschidts to be castrated for what they did.