Originally Posted by TheKid
Bought a small stove on a Cyber Monday sale, been wanting to put one in my house for a while and it was half price.

It’s a glass door, pedestal mount, 6” flue. Welded plate steel. I have 10 foot ceilings in the house, paneling over lath and plaster walls, and hardwood floors.

The plan at this point is to use a couple pieces of molding to make a frame on the floor to lay brick in for a place for the stove to sit. Use a support box through the ceiling for the pipe. And put some type of backer or fireboard on the walls in the corner I want to put it in. Maybe some old tin over the backer for looks not sure yet. Aunt and Uncle put a sheet of concrete board behind theirs and textured it to match the wall, it still looks good 30 years later but I can’t texture to match paneling.

Ideas, suggestions, anything I’m missing?

Most states require the chimney to go straight up through the roof with a minimum 2' clearance above the peak... Your base for the stove should be a minimum 6'X6' and the stove should never be closer to the wall than 3' - possibly more depending on the design/model.. The pad should be grouted stone time to prevent any ember from dropping between...

I've been burning wood in the house (stand-alone stove, not a furnace) for over 45 years and never had a problem..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!