Originally Posted by 1911a1
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Here is my winter project, I've always had a thing for C3's shark so I picked up a small project

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The paint's decent which was my main thing since I'm not much for body work. It's been mostly sitting for 25 years but runs great and the interior is clean. Engine was rebuilt in 92 with 18k on it, trans rebuilt in 85 with 40k on it, 130k total.Paint is from 94 but decent enough for a driver. I'm putting new suspension and bushings in,rebuilding brakes, replacing hoses, etc that are old. The tires are 25 years old and have 7k on them but are checked, spare tire is from 77 and holds air laugh . . Its the stock engine aside from intake and carb, so I might throw a mild cam in it and maybe up the hp from 180 hp a bit so I can at least beat a corolla of the line laugh . It should be a fun summer cruiser.

Nice 'Vette!

get a pair of those 675$ fulie knock off heads from Summit racing to go along with the cam and it will transform that 180 horse engine for not a lot of dinero$

It has 1.94/1.5 on it, but with 2 bolt mains, cast pistons and crank it's not going to hold a lot hp. At 5000 rpm the bigger heads only add ~20hp . I'f drop a 420hp crate engine and transmission before I put much into the stock engine. It's the original engine, so I'll throw a cam in it and probably call it good, that should get it into the upper 200's and enough for a good burnout laugh .

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne