Originally Posted by RJM
mart...what kind of loads you going to run in it...

It will only see cast bullet loads. I haven't shot a jacketed bullet in a revolver since being introduced to cast bullets a long time ago.

I have several molds for 41 magnum bullets. A couple LBT WLN molds, an Arsenal copy of the 410459 Lyman mold and a couple MP molds. The MP molds are my most likely choices. I got both of them recently but haven't cast any bullets with them yet. I've attached a couple of pictures of the mold drawings for the two MP bullets. I have MP molds in several calibers and variations. They are great molds and I like the HP option. The LBT molds are for 265 and 280 grain WLN bullets. The 280 is the first LBT mold I ever ordered close to 25 years ago. I'm not too buzzed about the Arsenal rendition of the 410459. Meplat is too small for my liking. I have a few Arsenal molds and like the molds but am just not crazy about the bullet from this particular mold. I will most likely replace it with an NOE that comes closer to what I like in a SWC and has the HP option.

I have another 41 magnum. A Ruger Bisley 7.5 inch. Eventually I plan to have it lopped to 5.5 inches. I like 5.5 inches in a SA and 4 inches in a DA for field guns.

As for powders, I'll probably stick to Unique and 2400. Both have served me well over the years. I used to load a lot of H110. It's a great powder but pretty much a one trick pony. For moderately heavy loads I like 2400 and H2227. They can both take some down loading without the concerns of H110. I am going to experiment with HS6. Several of my revolver compadres like it for mid level loads.

I have everything I need to start powder coating cast bullets but haven't tried it yet. It will be my next step in my cast bullet journey.

I need to get some bullets cast up for the 41. My stocks are low. I need a really crappy day so I'll have an excuse to stay in and cast bullets all day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.