I like a reasonably lightweight and compact bolt action rifle. As much as I love my Pre-64s, they don't fit that description. I guess my favorite is my M77 MarkII Ultralight in 223Rem in walnut/blued finish. Beautiful rifle, quality construction, and fits me like I had it custom built. I recently bought a skeleton stocked 270 Ultralight but I haven't gotten to spend much time with it yet. I really want to find a walnut/blued Ultralight in 7mm-08. I love the 223, but a 7mm-08 would be more versatile.

Another one that I kinda hate to admit is really high on my favorites list, even though it's a budget class rifle, is my Marlin XS-7 stainless 7mm-08 and 22-250. They seem to see a lot of stand time when much higher quality rifles sit in the safe. Their production being discontinued is still, I believe, one of the biggest mistakes made in the firearms industry in the last several years. Remington should have slapped their name on them after the Marlin acquisition and had the best budget rifle on the market.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.