Having been a jackrabbit and varmint hunter much longer than I've hunted big game, I'd have to say my top favorite is my 788 Remington in .222. I can't locate a current photo, but I restocked it with a custom from Boyd's a few years back and while I never thought 788s are particularly ugly, I'll admit they're a bit more aesthetically pleasing with a little lipstick. The rifle that actually hooked me was my uncle's, which he would loan me on some of our late-night jackrabbit forays. It seemed I just couldn't miss with that rifle, and the one I ended up with is every bit as accurate.

My favorite big game rifle would be either my Midway commissioned .280 Super Grade or my pre-64 Westerner in .264 Mag. I kinda like a little custom Model Seven in 6mm Rem, I picked up a few years ago, too. When the time comes to pare down, the 6mm will probably be the keeper simply because it's so light and handy and easy on the shoulder. I like all my rifles, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.