Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well after a Game Changer Failure last season.....

How about sharing those details.

I don’t have the Game Changer, wasn’t looking to get any. Just curious.

I do like the SGK BTHP and the NBT.

DF

DF,

just put Seafire and the Sierra Game Changer in the search box, for last years season, 2018...

I got massacred by the usual crowd.. that excel in that endeavor....what I should have done was just ignored them...
live and learn I guess....

its a good bullet, but just needs to be pushed real hard.... called Sierra's Tech guys when I bought a box and they gave me bad info on the bullet
after the failure I called them back, and their lead tech guy told me that many of their own staff didn't fully understand what the bullet was designed for..
originally they told me it was a Sierra Alternative to a Ballistic Tip.. it ain't...
so I took it afield, with a load of 30 grains of 4198, for an MV of roughly 2500 fps..
the bullet just penciled thru a blacktail and never opened up....

it staggered off into a ravine that was hard to recover, that time of the day, with the sun falling fast in a very mountaineous area..
went out with a friend, the next morning with his jeep and a winch on the front, to recover the animal
got real flamed over that also...in typical campfire fashion...

if you ever try the bullet for hunting... a fast pushed velocity out of a 6mm Rem or a 240 Weatherby would be the best choice in using it.
since then I've read a few others who have experienced the same performance of not opening up..and penciling thru...

if I had been hunting somewhere like Nebraska or Kansas where everything is flat, it would have had a better outcome...
the deer died, due to shot placement, but it wasn't a bang flop, that's for sure...

pushed hard,its a good elk bullet.. according to Sierra, which is kind of what they had in mind when developing it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez