Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
rost, now that you have defined (coming apart) I understand your view point better. Yes the frt end comes off to the partition. The first bull elk I ever shot was down hill at about 130 yds quartering on at slight angle. I placed the 180NPT in frt of the near side shoulder to spine him and I did .He went over backwards and never regained his feet. I figured I'd also get his plumbing as well as the far shoulder on the way out. The angle was less than I estimated. Never found the bullet while gutting him. When we ate the last roast from the frt of the right hindquarter, I found my bullet. weighed 116 grs. Yup I like NPT's and I'll be totally honest I think the Barnes people can take a free flying f*** at a rolling donut hole. MB

I suspect I have put more NPTs and Barnes X bullets through meat than you have. And I have looked at them and their result carefully after the fact. It has been years since I used a NPT.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.