Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Damn straight Buddy, I had a pre war 300 H&H rifle that had the rear bridge drilled and tapped, not a true collector, it is now a 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum! cool

Yeah, I never get to far from mine myself. It’s a good one and really works well for me.

I've thought about the mashburn quite a bit at one time. Had discussions with bobin and dober about them. Its an intriguing cartridge for sure. When I look at my newly purchased 1949 375 WBY that used to be an H&H, I contemplate drilling and tapping that rear bridge. I hate to do that though, as that receiver may be worth something to someone in its original condition??? I still have some .375 cal bullets here, so I plan on shooting it in the future. The rifling and lands look primo on that rifle and the rechamber looks real clean. I'm thinking it's going to shoot well... It would be cool to take that old rifle elk hunting at least once. I will probably just use the irons on it. Should just hammer the hell out of a Wapiti... I'll just have to pretend I'm aiming at a water buffalo though grin. Or I could always just use it for jackrabbits wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA