Been shooting a 270 Win since the early '70's and have been very satisfied as a Texas WT rifle& all 'round critter getter. "Back in the Day" before range finders as a 2 gun travelling hunter with frequent hunting invites from customers I paired the 270 Win with a 300WMg. Now at 75 and at the end years of my journey, I've pared the arsenal down to 3 hunting rifles ( a 6.5 Swede & a pair of 270's) and a collectors quality USRAC 7x57,and eliminated the belted shooters, with a NIB Wby VG SS 7Rmg tucked away for the last 4 years as the go to step up LR caliber. Having said all that ...am I picking nits to switch to a 270 WSM to narrow some of the components list. Only reason I have not shot the 7Rmg has been a 13 year chronic shoulder issue that recently has been "resolved" at least to a "useful" level, so the recoil issue is not as paramount a consideration as it once was.

Ya'll thought's please... and welcome to January's housebound reflections of what went right or wrong in last years deer season. The neighborhood WT's are still here with a really nice full grown buck greeting us on the Lab's Potty Patrol this morning.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.