Domiciled in East Texas, yes, about an hour S'West of Tyler in Palestine, 2 hours S'East of Dallas. Have always hunted anywhere I can and have hunted almost everywhere in Texas except the Big Bend before and after I spent more than a few years schlepping shooting stuff in up to a 5 state area.. The shoulder issue is an old one, but found out recently no surgery is required ...just gotta learn to live with a double hand full of bone spurs to tolerate.

Re: 200fps difference...about what I had expected. One of my 270's, is a wood blue M70 24" barreled FN Carolina built Ultimate Shadow, wearing a takeoff factory Sporter stock and is used as a Box Blind/Tower shooter with a big scope on it. The other 270 is a pleasant surprise to shoot comfortably in a Marlin XL 7 SS with it's factory stock that was bought as do all rough gun...and shoots good enough that I am looking forward to reloading for it and clean up for my rusty skills 3 years ago I had bought aT3 SL 6.5 Swede as a step down recoil shooter but had a bad experience with some ancient freeby PMC ammo that rocked my world & shoulder with bigtime recoil and traded the rifle off on a little heavier T3 Hunter Swede, just like I had had before the medical issue with the shoulder erupted 13 years ago. Sold or selling off all the other CF Rifles and would rather sell/trade the USRAC M70 7x57 than beat it up in the field.
RE plentiful hogs...YES all over my neighborhood. Guy at the foot of the hill 1/2 block away has a contract trapper guy, who the city has winked at and is using a suppressed something after the hogs wised up to the traps and is regularly "harvesting " at will hogs up to enough past 200lbs to be worried about his family and pets, at his back fence.

Thanks Ya'll for the advice ans responses...no new news here though but ya'll are spot on with the reality check.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.