Benchmade Bugout weighs 1.8 oz on my scale and is a LOT of blade for the weight. I keep one clipped to my sweat pants I wear at night- can't even tell it's there. Started doing that after I got attacked by the neighbor's dog late one night. Long story. I'll be carrying it on my next backpack hunt and any backpacking prior to that. Don't see why I couldn't take an elk apart with it including skinning. I also bought my daughter one for her solo South America trekking. There might be a better 1.8 oz knife out there but I'm not even looking- the Bugout is awesome.

The blue version is nice for not losing it in the woods, I guess, but I got the tan version with the black, coated blade, which is a much classier looking knife.

Edit: the Bugout also uses the same S30V steel that they use on the Grizzly Ridge, which is my daily carry knife. While I haven't sharpened my Bugout yet, I use the Griz hard and sharpen it often. Takes and holds an edge very well. I've taken apart and skinned 2 deer with it too. Good steel.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 01/10/20.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!