I've been reading many posts about older Lymans getting superb accuracy without any issues getting there. The fit and finish on mine was never any problem, save having to relocate the flash hole location for caplock like ignition. The lack of repeatable accuracy is the dificulty that has forced me to place the GPR in the gunsafe until our flintlock deer season is over.My old PA Pellet is dependable enough to get me to the end of the season on 1/25/20,

At that point I'm hoping to figure something out with the headache rifle, either put another hundred rounds through it, maybe try using automotive rubbing compound as a patch lube for 15 or 20 rounds to try to polish that ever coarse rifling, or use it a a tomatoe stake if all else fails......which is really looking like the answer at the moment.

I'm glad for you that your Lyman is obviously an acceptably accurate shooter, and wish you many, many more years of it being that way. Thank you for the support! I realize I am very new to Campfire, but I truely do believe it's a great forum with wonderful members!

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!