I sent the GPR to Troy Roope in Virginia for a rebarrel with a Rice barrel. He should be recieving it today.

I checked him out on several forums, and could not find anything negative about him, his bussiness, or the quality of his work, actually it's quite the opposite. Spoke with him about the job, and he has definite ideas about what would work out the best, so I sent it to him. As I said in the previous post, once I get the GPR back I will let the members know my opinion on how it went. After everything that Lyman screwed up with 2 complete rifles, and a recall barrel, if it goes bang and prints an inch at fifty I'll be thrilled......I'd even take 2" @ 50 if it put it to the same place every time.

Flintlock season ends here tomorrow and it's forecast to be a drencher, so I'm grabbing my Pa Pellet, (that one shoots), and trying it for the last time this season today. Funny thing is I've had nothing but good luck with the Traditions. 2" @ 50yds with a 370 Maxi over 95 Grs FFG, and 3/4" @ 50yds with a .490 patched ball over 75Grs FFG.

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!