Jeez, I didn't make myself understood. I encouraged the op to verify his zero under the best possible conditions, bench,bags, weather etc....then learn how to make it work in the field, that's all. I presumed he as a 40 year reloader/shooter would assume the steadiest field expedient position possible when hunting...not when wringing out his load and rifle, where anyone would want to be rock solid under ideal conditions. As far as shooting aids go, who wouldn't use them if they work for you. Me personally..I don't care to pack a bipod, a day pack and a hat is about all I want to deal with in the way of rests. As far as the competition guys and the guys that go to the high dollar shooting schools go, I would never criticize them from the fact that 99% of them, at long range, could outshoot my sorry ass in a heartbeat. The op was concerned about going from sub moa to 2 moa at 300 yards on a rotten day with unpredictable winds. Tubb or Tompkins would see the same phenomena with winds like that. I was attempting to reassure him that under those conditions, he and his rifle were doing fine. I reiterate, a sub moa rifle will NOT maintain sub moa out to extended ranges in the wind conditions he described. Fire away.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.