Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by McInnis
But I’m intrigued at guys that can shoot at 600-700 yards+. And I know they exist. Unless it’s a dead calm day like you almost never get in the mountains, ??
I shoot thousands of round a year and I still get fooled by the winds at those ranges far more often than I like to admit. It doesn't matter if you have a bipod or a benchrest, you are gonna miss sometimes at those ranges.

Agree , me too .
When i lived in Idaho i realised that i wasn't [by many folks definition] a longrange hunter .
I'd place two 12'' steel plates out on a hillside walk back several hundred yards pick a random spot lay down go through my ranging/wind call/dialing and miss the target . Shooting from one hilltop to another at several hundred yards windy conditions was a first round miss far more often than not .
Wyoming - good gracious - wind blows like a constant storm there sometimes for days . 300 yards on some of the ''windy days'' there would be a long shot on a game animal for me .

As others have said I think you'll do great McInnis unlike many people who've told me of their LR abilities .
I'd recommend getting some target bullets/brass/etc. and lots of shooting watching the wind and range with each shot like the shot is at a trophy animal . Walk around rangefinder rocks and do your best to hit them and see where you stand - you'll be a champ at 500-600 yards soonish .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.