All our game experience has been with the 270 gr Speer Gold Dot, either factory load or max charge of H110 hand loads in a Deerfield carbine with a Bushnell 3200 1.5-4x32 Firefly. First was by my wife on a NRA women's hunt for hogs in Tennessee. 300 poundish pig at probably 20 yds or so. Shoulder shot dropped & dead. Bullet not recovered. I then used it on a 150 something whitetail buck. Less than 15 yds down thru the right shoulder blade and recovered at the bottom rear of left rib cage. Buck went around 20 yds and dropped dead. Speer bullet was advertisement quality. I next shot another buck same body size but broadside as he turned. Bullet entered low left shoulder, destroyed heart plumbing and exited right shoulder. Traveled maybe 50 yds. Shot an120 lbish doe at over 75 yds bullet hit neck just ahead of left shoulder and exited. DRT. Son shot a coyote about 3 times rapidly as it spun. Dead coyote, no bullets recovered.

As a short range weapon our .44 carbine with the 270 Speer has proved to be deadly in our usage. If I had an offered shot at say a 400 lb black bear with this bullet I would be totally confident of the outcome. Low recoil deadly performance.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."