I'm another fan of the .44. Have (4) of the rascals. The first is a Rem. 788 with a .22" barrel which is very accurate. I keep it zeroed at 50 yards as I hunt mostly tight cover, gullies, washes, and gulches.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Second is a Ruger #3 with a little custom stock work. The factory butt plate was more punishing than I like.

Third is another Ruger, only this time as an auto: Ruger 44 Carbine, and I use this one the least, only because I hate chasing brass.

Lastly is a Contender Carbine. Can't beat this one for tree stands and/or walking river bottoms;

For those of you concerned about trajectory, here's a little chart to look at, but after you get used to your rifle all of this becomes second nature.

For any and all Campfire members, I highly encourage you to jump in if you're sitting on the fence, however get your pocket book ready. Seems most of these have followed the Dow Jones price wise.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I'm a huge fan of the Lever Revolutions ammo for hunting, but I still reload for plinking and killing dirt clods. I'd never use them in tube magazine as with the .44 carbine.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?