I guess I will have to buy a chronograph and do comparison testing of graduated loads on my own in small graduated steps. Problem is, I don't shoot enough to justify the expense of doing that, so I was looking for someone else's experience/data.

While I didn’t expect my answer to thrill him, this isn’t what I said. No you don’t have to go buy a chronograph and No you don’t have to shoot a bunch of test loads. Back before I had a chronograph I used to just load up 5 @ start, 5 @ mid load and 5 at a couple tenths under max. Go to the range and see where poi on the target was for each compared to the usual load. 15 rounds wasn’t a lot of waste and not scientific but it worked. I have done that every time I went to a different powder.
How Universal will react in your weapon and bullet/case/primer combination compared to Unique is a question that only you can answer. What ever my data is it usually came from the powder manufacturers or load books. Then I ran the test as above. So my comment of sticking with Unique if you don’t want to commit 15 - 20 rounds to test was valid, even though you don’t like it.

Last edited by Swifty52; 01/13/20.

Swifty