Originally Posted by gkt5450
Before O,who is obviously a very good coach, is crowned royalty, let’s see what happens as his co-OC and others are picked off like Saban’s have been throughout his past several seasons.
Heck, we’re Aggies here so we got to play 5 teams in top10 this year! We know what getting the daylights beat out of you physically looks like.
Orgeron has a Warrior spirit but don’t think he’s the most cerebral D1 coach I’ve seen. I’d like to see how “normal” LSU will be when losing so many to NFL draft. But their recruiting will be something.

At the risk of drifting the thread back on topic, let's talk about LSU's future. One of the challenges of success is that your assistants get promotions at other places. Every college program loses a big chunk of their players to graduation / NFL every year and LSU is no stranger to that. It remains to be seen if LSU can keep it up, but the fundamentals are still in place. The BIG change for LSU is that they have upgraded their approach to the passing game and I don't see them going back. As you noted, they will be able to recruit top talent now. If you were a top QB recruit would you go to LSU? The answer is yes.

We shall see. I can't wait. Only 232 days until college football starts again.