Poobs, enjoy your banana belt!
(I miss Bozeman winters, not the snow, the temps....)

Richard, It's been pretty mild here. Did hit -15F back in October but of course it warmed right back up. This little cold snap wasn't too bad, February is the month that could be nasty.

Hastings, like Mule mentioned if there's power available we use tank and heating elements that go down into the ground. If there is no power available we use hydrants that either run continually or they are under super insulated tanks that use the warm groundwater to keep them from freezing. I REALLY like the insulated tanks but they are expensive. And we keep an axe handy in the pickup...

Rooster and Beretta, feel free to keep that real cold air all to yourselves!

Anson, the new couplers work great(no hoses pop off) but I still have to heat the solenoids if it's -15F of colder. It's livable....

Las, that's downright fancy!

Meanwhile out in the sticks this morning......

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]

Jim, you don't think a GIANT heated barn would be nice?!

We need to get an oil well like those fancy guys over east!

Back to reality.

Right of the bat this morning a blown out hydraulic line on the bale bed. Didn't even get the first bale off the ground....

Our old '03 bale picker is at the Ford garage getting 8 new injectors so we have no backup...

Old Indian trick I taught myself for replacing long hoses in hard to reach places. This one was 15' of pain in the ass.

World's largest shop.
(management felt sorry for me so they made a little windbreak)

At least both ends were somewhat easy to get at. If you've ever looked under the hood at a 6.7 diesel you'll know what I mean. Clusterfuuck of chit is an understatement.

2 hours later we were up and running.