That stuff can be dangerous - not just used as intended either. I'm convinced moose like those roadsides partially because the vegetation is enriched by road "salt" and those things are a road hazard!

Up here, when they are spraying liquid on the roads, we refer to it as "icing the highway". smile

One year we had a 18 month old bull moose in the neighborhood. We named him "Ornery", because he was. At one time or another, nearly everyone was charged. Me, two different incidents.

I stepped out the door one morning to go to town to find him licking my F150 tailgate. No problem I thought- I'd just get in and drive away- hell- he's a good 12 feet away. He charged.

Inside, I dug out my wrist rocket and the biggest piece of split shot I could readily find and went back out. When he came at me again, I nailed him in the end of his nose, full draw, at about 10 feet. Apparently they are sensitive there! smile

I then went to town.

A couple months later I was out on the carport banging rivets on my boat with Ornery bedded down on the driveway some 40 yards away. I looked up to see him coming hard, and beat him to the door by inches. He actually stood there with his face pressing the glass, glaring at me. Guess he didn't like loud sounds while trying to sleep.... I had my Pentax SLR on the upper deck stairs , which he knocked off onto the concrete car port and broke, coming after me at the door.

I think my neighbor ate him shortly after that, tho it was months to moose season yet.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.