GWB;
Good afternoon to you sir, I suppose it's evening now in Texas, I trust all is well with you and yours regardless.

Thanks for articulating your thoughts on cutting instruments, I very much appreciate both the spirit in which it was given and the fact that it made me think.

As you know about me, at 5'6" I'm seldom the biggest guy in any room either, other than when I was catching turkeys I suppose....

Once upon a time in my youth, I worked weekends killing turkeys for a friend's father at Thanksgiving and Christmas - think my best day was 510 hens - and that's where I learned to appreciate a decent working knife.

Since we process our own game I'm always on the lookout for useful and/or new blades for that line of endeavor.

[Linked Image]

After the girls were born, I began to cook more and now am reasonably proficient at it. Since I'm a "tool guy" we've accumulated a few for that task too.

[Linked Image]

Customs are sometimes made in the shop - local sawmill planerman donated a pile of Simmonds D2 blades and a California bighorn ewe's skull found hunting supplied the scales.

[Linked Image]

Even succumbed to the siren call of a fancy Japanese laminated cooking blade once GW - it was a trade for a ZT folder with an Elmax blade - long story - but like you I like to find gently used at a discount!! grin

[Linked Image]

As Brad mentioned GW, I know we'd get along just fine and it'd be my privilege to have a sit down visit with you someday. Perhaps if the stars align next time we're down in Texas.

Thanks again for the post sir and all the best to you folks as we head into longer days.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"