I got a vasectomy when I was 42 and was sure I didn't want to have any more kids other than the 2 I had. If I had it to all over I would have gotten my wife to have her tubes tied but at time I got my vasectomy her Doc wasn't doing the arthroscopic tube tying procedure.

I asked everybody I knew who had had a vasectomy about their experience with the procedure and they all lied and said there nothing to it. I got a shot in my scrotum where the Doc about a 1 inch incision. I thought all the pain over after the shot but when he cut the first tube it hurt so bad I got nauseous and starting sweating. The nurse ask if I was ok and I "Not Really" but it was too late to back out. When the other tube it was just as painful. After the surgery the Doc put my testicles in a little jock strap and sent me on my way without a prescription for pain medication. He told me if I had a any pain to take Ibuprofen as needed. This was on Friday morning so I figured I'd be ready to go to work Monday like all my friends said I would. By the time I got home my testicles had fallen out of the jock strap and I was beginning to feel some pain. I ended up spending the rest of the weekend in bed on my back with a pillow under my butt so my testicles couldn't hang down. I had no pain unless they hanging. The Doc didn't tell me that sometimes your testicles don't get the message to cut back on sperm production right away and you might temporary swollen testicles. I had swollen testicles by Monday and ended wearing a jock strap and walking funny because of my swollen testicles (couldn't put my legs together). All my friends who told me there was nothing to it thought it was hilarious. I wore a jock strap and walked funny for the next 2 weeks. About 6 months later I jumped out of pickup bed at the deer lease and when I hit the ground the ground and my testicles hit the end of their ropes it was very painful. It took another 6 months for the pain to end completely.

Last edited by victoro; 01/20/20.