Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Just thinking that now the Teslong bore scope is available to every Tom, Dick, and Harry in the shooting world at a negligible price. Comparing that to when chronographs broke the $200 price barrier and every serious reloader or shooter of factory ammo suddenly had access to accurate velocity information.

All of a sudden, the consumer could see exactly how accurate the velocity claimed on the end of the box was.

Does a cheap bore scope mean that the barrel makers are going to have step up their game. Or will the consumer recognize that group size matters more than pretty pics from inside the barrel.

Here are some samples:
$350 rifle from Walmart. Weatherby Vanguard CM in 243 with 20 rds.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

$1000 rifle from Gunbroker. Remington 5R SS in 260 unfired
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And for comparison, a custom Kreiger SS with 20 rds down the tube
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I think the factory Howa is actually the prettiest of the bunch. But I do not know yet which will shoot the best. I am just playing with the camera

and what did you learn by how close or far MV was from touted? Drops are learned by actual shooting.

Pressure though, thats the realm of a chrono in a way, but SO many variables there too IMHO and then each book can give a different max speed IE pressure. Truly MV/pressure wise we will always be somewhat blind.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....