MD,

97gr is what the remaining jacket weighs.

I was just surprised, at the results. I though it would be tougher and did not think I would recover one on deer size game.

Here is my thought process. Son and I are going to SE for a spring Black Bear hunt. Both of us are taking 338-06's. I wanted a softer bullet due to the extremely thick cover if the animal makes it off the beach. More damage, quicker kill. I would also like two holes IF the bear makes it to the thick stuff. This is a bucket list hunt, so I am having fun preparing.

I have really liked the 210gr TSX, has worked fantastic on elk, but seemed a little hard for deer. Black bears are not considered tough on bullets. Hence trying a softer bullet. I wish Hornady still made the 200gr IL, worked very good on deer. I do not know if the SST is as tough as the old IL, as I have some SST's on the shelf.

There are other options, a 210gr NPt is always good, shot deer and elk with it. A 225gr Hornady SP if I want to go up in weight. I do have some 210gr TTSX's that I have not tried yet. I have until June to have fun sorting it all out.

I know I am being a looney, and most any bullet is going to work as long as we put it in the right spot.

Arcus Venator