Originally Posted by 117LBS
Good deer can be found on many public areas I am sure. I hunted some public land this last season and the only individual I saw out there was one guy fishing, but I didn't go on a weekend. I'm in the SE part of OK and I can definitely say that pressure from Texas has raised the cost of private land hunting in this area.

Tips:

Have him consider the draw hunts. It is $5 to enter as many draws as you want and these hunts do not count toward the combined season limit in most cases.

There is a state wide elk season based on a quota, private land only except for draw hunts, if that is of interest.

Buy a crossbow. Rifle season is short and crossbows are legal for all hunters regardless of disability status. Archery runs from Oct 1-Jan 15.

Just made an account, appreciate the advice. I'd only be able to hunt weekends unfortunately, but hopefully I can find some areas away from everyone else. From looking at maps, it seems like I might not be able to just hike 2 miles into the woods to escape hunters like I can here in NC. Suppose I can grab a crossbow, enter the draws, and try my best. Sounds like a fun challenge. You think door-knocking for deer is out of question?