Originally Posted by beretzs
I’ve got a 338 M70 Alaskan in a Legend stock. It’s got the factory 25” barrel on it along with a Leupold 6x36 on top. Runs a few ounces under 9lbs and works great for me.

I agree with the others though, around 8 1/2 - 9lbs for an all up 338 feels great to me. It doesn’t take much to get there either so a lighter barrel doesn’t hurt.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's how I roll... It also shoots awesome, even though it is fairly light weight....:
Yes, it is possible to have a great shooting Winchester CRF. It doesn't have to be a rem 700 to shoot well... hint

Mine is around 8 1/4 pounds "all up" now with its Zeiss conquest 3.5-10x44.... A 338-06 would be a puzzy cat at that weight, if you use the proper stock with the right ergo's. I also agree with Brad about the 22-23" barrel. However, the 24" tube works great on my 338wm. I've NEVER wanted it to be 26", as someone else brought up. That length on any gun is just obnoxious and ludicrous. Had a few chopped down from 26" to 23" though....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA