Found a .223 Lee Classic Loader for $28.99 at Amazon and thinking that since I won't be finding anymore closeouts at wallyworld on .223 ammo, it might be a good time to start rolling my own. And I will likely add a 30-30 Lee Loader soon enough.

Both my .223 and 30-30 are target of opportunity rifles mainly used for plinking, target shooting, rocks-paper-steel at any range, along with short range deer, hogs, coyotes, etc.

The 22" '95 Ruger Mark II .223 has the antique 1 in 12 twist, so I'm probably thinking of using something similar to the 60 grain Nosler Partition, 64 grain with a flatter or more rounded tip, or lighter TSX. And probably some less expensive and more pointed 55 grain bullets for target shooting.

The Marlin 30TK 30-30 has a short 18" barrel, so I don't know how much this would affect efficiency or powder choice.
Maybe a certain weight bullet would be a better match for the short tube.

Anyway, wanting to keep inventory as small and simple as possible and acquire a single pound of powder that would work for both.
And was thinking a ball powder would be most accurate measuring with dippers. Is this correct?

First thoughts were Ramshot Tac or Hogdan Leverevolution. Would either or both of these be good options for my low volume loading operation? Or is there something equally as good or better for my application?