Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Any of those bullets you mentioned, with the exception of the Hornady 55's may or may not stabilize perfectly in that slow-ish twist. Probably might, but I would ease into those heavies with a sampling before jumping in with both feet just to be sure.

53-55 TSX's are wonderful bullets but are fairly longer than the cup-n-core Hornady 55's, and it's length not weight that matters (as in so many things in life!).

Yes, I'm aware. But I appeciate the heads up. I am a little skeptical of what will and won't be accurate. I've had erratic groups trying to shoot 100 grain pointed soft points in a slow twist 243.

Barnes lists the 55 grain TSX having a 12 twist minimum. But I'm leaning towards the 53 grain.

I'm more concerned with the Sierra 63 and Winchester 64 even though their semi-points make them short for weight bullets. But seems like from all I've read, everyone with a 12 twist .223 has had success shooting them.
I had thought about the 60 grain Hornady, Fusion, and Partition. But I'm even more concerned with those not stabilizing perfectly.

Regardless, if I can't shoot the bullets I want out of this one, I'm sure I'll move on to an 8 or 9 twist eventually.

Last edited by DollarShort; 02/03/20.