I have been sitting on a Ruger 1A .22 Hornet for over a year and finally have gotten the time to start playing with this rifle. I have followed various threads in the past and thought I had a handle on where to start but I seem to have lost a lot of my reference material since then.

This is my first time messing with this cartridge or any rifle cartridge this small. I am hoping to shorten my learning curve on which dies I should be looking to and what steps I should include or avoid in the handloading process with such small / fragile brass.

I have a BUNCH of Nosler 40gr BTV seconds on hand so that is my planned projectile currently. Is Lil'Gun still the powder of choice? I also have 2400 and H110 on hand.

Sm pistol primers vs Sm rifle primers? I seem to remember this being another area of sway back and forth.

Not looking for 300yd performance on rodents since this will mostly be used for paper punching and small animals of opportunity while woods walking (less than 150yds and probably well inside of that more commonly). Minute of ground squirrel / crow @ 100yds is my goal.