I once had a Krieger barrel made for my proposed rebarrel of a Howa 1500 .22-250 to .250 Savage. I wanted a good bolt rifle chambered for that cartridge. I also wanted to shoot heavier bullets in it and to insure it would stabilize these longer bullets. So I did the research and found that the .250 would need at least a 1:9 twist rate to stabilize 115-120 grain bullets, which I wanted to shoot in it(I did more research and found this not to be so, that people shoot 120 grain Spitzers in .250 Savages a lot and they stabilize, but what the hell, if I want to shoot a 125 grain if I can find one, it should work). When I ordered the barrel I requested a 1:9 twist. It took two more months to get what I wanted and cost me $325. Remember this was almost 10 years ago in the spring of 2010. So now it would probably be scaring a $500 bill to death. You want a 1:8.5 twist .277 barrel you can get it. Just a little more money and a little more time.

Last edited by Filaman; 01/31/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!