Funny thing to me, with the retrospect available to a "senior", is the first CF rifle I ever shot was an M1 Carbine. Yes, I have one and it shoots pretty well. I was 15 when I broke my cherry on that. 5 years later Uncle Sam handed me a M16 and told me to get my butt off the Group W bench and get to work. A year later I turned it in, totally wore out. First third of the barrel was a smoothbore. Today's generation seems totally smitten with the variants of the -16 and well, good for them. Somewhere along the way the munchkins fixed something not broke and I have zero interest in the plethora of oddities that have evolved. Zip, nada, none. Haven't fired a 5.56 round since '72 and likely won't. Why? I don't need it. Not that they don't work, because they do. Maybe, just maybe, if one was available with the original barrel length/twist I might....might....

My carbine fills my needs, but more than likely the first shot I'd fire would come from a much, much larger bore.

In the process of sighting the Carbine in this happened at 50 yards. Done deal, life is good....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm quite content to display a part of the nuts and bolts I play with and with exception of the .30 Sneezer and .44 Mag note that all are a lot older than I am. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain