I found a good Urologist and got checked for prostate cancer last week. I'm ok except I normally have to get up and pee several times during the night. He said that Flomax should help with that problem because it relaxes the muscles in your prostate and bladder. He said it may make me dizzy at first but the dizziness should go away as I get used to it.

When I got the Flomax I read the brochure that came with it and it said I need to monitor my blood pressure at first because it may cause low blood pressure and fainting. The Doc didn't tell me that. The first thing listed under PRECAUTIONS was: "Before taking Flomax tell your doctor or pharmacist if you allergic to it." How would I know???

Some of the precautions/side effects (from Mayo Clinic) are:

1) This medicine may rarely cause a severe allergic reaction (swelling of face, tongue, or throat, difficulty breathing, and blistering of the skin.
2) You should seek medical attention right away if you experience a prolonged erection while using this medicine.
3) A serious eye problem called Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome (IFIS) has occurred in some patients who were taking this medicine or who had recently taken this medicine when they had cataract or glaucoma surgery.
4) Common side effects: lack or loss of strength, body aches or pain, trouble swallowing, tender swollen glands in the neck and several others.

I probably won't take Flomax because I don't want to take anything that will make me dizzy at my age (77) plus I have a lot to do around my house that involves climbing ladders. I think I can modify my behavior enough to stop having to pee during the night, only went twice last night.

I tried to find statistics about Flomax side effects but didn't have any luck. I know there's a lot of old timers like me on here who might be taking Flomax and I'd to know about their experiences with it. There's also some very knowledgeable medical professionals on here who might be willing to share their wisdom/experiences.

Thanks,
Victor

Last edited by victoro; 02/12/20.