Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
My urologist mentioned it to me when I told him I was having to take a leak 2-3 times a night, but he hasn't pressed the issue. I'd rather not take any more pharmaceuticals than I already am. I just make sure I don't look at the clock when I go to the bathroom, otherwise I'll just start thinking about stuff, and not go back to sleep. By the third pee, I figure it's time to wake up anyway. I look at it as my "bio-clock".

My urologist didn't press the issue either. He just said could try Flomax if I wanted to. The week before my first appointment with him about a week ago I was peeing up to 4 times a night sometimes and I mentioned it to him. I figured for only $4.94 for 30 capsules it was worth a try but I haven't taken any yet because I'd rather not take any prescription drugs if I don't really have to.

I've been working on changing my habits to cut down on the night time peeing. I found out if I don't eat or drink anything after 7:00 pm I only have to pee twice that night like I have for most of my life. I figure your kidneys keep working while you sleeping, just slower. These days I only drink alcohol on special occasions but if I drink 2 beers I'll piss out 4. What's funny is that I have a lot of dreams about needing to pee and not being able to find a place to pee. It wakes me and I go pee then fall back to sleep. I have my clock turned around so I never know what time it is.

Thanks for your comment.